When you are off the beaten track, either camping of backpacking is is important to have a good flashlight. What I mean by a good flashlight is, one that is robust, waterproof and has several different settings. I have had a number of good flashlight over the years but I decided to invest in some newer technology.
Flashlights have come a long way in the last few years, they have moved away from the traditional bulb and now use L E D (light emitting diode) technology. What this means is that they a much more reliable and a LOT brighter.
The flashlight I decided to purchase was the ThruNite TN12, it has all the features I had been looking for and was a very reasonable price compared to competitive flashlights. The Thrunite TN12 uses one 18650 battery which provides the flashlight with a lot of power, the flashlight can produce 1050 lumens on the highest setting, which is very impressive for such a small flashlight
The Thrunite TN12 is also ideal for Survival and Search and Rescue as it can throw it’s beam for quite a long distance while also providing a good amount wide spill. The flashlight also has a strobe mode which could come in very handy in emergency situations.
Thrunite TN12 Specifications:
- Uses one 18650 rechargeable battery or two CR123A batteries (not included)
- Max output: 1050 lumens
- Reverse polarity protection design to protect from improper battery installation
- Five versatile modes available: 1050 lm (90min) 800 lm (1.5hour) 280 lm (5hours) 20 lm (74 hours) 0.3 lm (1585 hours)
- Aircraft-grade aluminium body
- Premium Type III hard-anodized anti-abrasive finish
- Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Smooth reflector gives perfect beam and throw
- Dimension: 143mm (Length) x 25.4mm (Diameter)
- Weight: 82g (without battery)